Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Praying Day to Day


1. Each morning I like to put God first by praying first thing. 

He is my priority relationship.(Matthew 6:33)

2. In total darkness and silence, I start each day in prayer to avoid distractions. (Matthew 6:6)

3. I use the Lord’s Prayer as a model (or outline) and intermix it with my favorite passages, which I personalize from memory and pray back to God. (Isaiah 55:11)

4. I like to summarize my previous day in prayer to see if I missed anything.

(i.e. Something that I should have thanked God for, a sin that I still need to confess, or a commandment that I’ve yet to apply).

5. When I pray, I direct my request directly to God the Father, but I also speak with God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 6:9)

6. As I pray, I’ll listen to my heart for God’s direction to guide my prayer. (I Corinthians 2:9-13) 

I start and end prayer with worship and surrender according to the Lord’s model prayer. 

However, in the middle, 

I’ll submit requests according to the Word, 

thru the witness of the Holy Spirit in my heart, (I John 3:21-24), 
and according to the desires of my heart. (Psalm 37:4)

7. I like to talk to God as I would my earthly father. 

Throughout the day, I’ll take 1 to 5 minute pauses to talk to and with Him about what’s going on both good and bad. 

I thank Him for the good. 

Ask help for the bad. 

Request forgiveness for sin from Him and others, 

and then move on.

8. I consider it rude to not acknowledge God’s presence throughout the day. 

(I Thessalonians 5:17)


M.H. Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hurt?

Luke 17:1    (NKJV)  Then He (Jesus) said to the disciples,  “It is impossible that no   offenses should come, but   woe  to him  through...